[Twisted-Python] Re: plus mode was Re: how winnt fileops work and what to do about it

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Sat Dec 31 16:33:46 EST 2005

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:21:45 -0500, Paul G <paul-lists at perforge.com> wrote:

>2. say that across all platforms python supports given functionality on,
>said functionality needs to have functionally identical results given
>identical input. in this case, the flush+seek workaround needs to be
>utilized on all cpythons linked with msvscrt in a manner transparent to the
>user.

It seems like we can work around this more easily than that, considering that flush and seek are available from Twisted; the file object causing problems in the tests is being returned from the open() method of a FilePath object, if I understand it correctly.  FilePath could include the workaround far in advance of Python deciding to.