[Twisted-Python] Depreciation of trial.unittest functions?

Paul Swartz paulswartz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 16:30:26 EST 2005

I'm not sure if Conch is the only project that did this, but it used the
trial.unittest.* functions instead of methods on TestCases.  I used them
to avoid having to pass TestCase instances around all over the places,
or using a global variable.  To avoid the depreciation warnings, I've
starting using the unittest._inst global variable, but I doubt that this
is the appropriate way to change my code.  Is this just not a supported
way of using Trial, or is there something else I should be doing?

Paul Swartz
paulswartz at gmail dot com
AIM: z3penguin