[Twisted-Python] Allowing a type to be transmitted by jelly?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed Dec 21 21:06:51 EST 2005

Johann Borck wrote:

>hi, this is from the pb docs: http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/pb-copyable.html
>
>class ReceiverPond(pb.RemoteCopy, LilyPond):
>    pass
>

>pb.setUnjellyableForClass(CopyPond, ReceiverPond)#        <---  Did you forget this?
>
>I only got this error, when i forgot this line. wow, reimplementing jelly?!! seems like you should have asked before :)
>
>Johann

Thanks for the pointer.  I've read that document, and may just be
missing the point here.  I don't want all of the thousands upon
thousands of OID objects to be lugging around extra dictionaries
inherited from pb.RemoteCopy (they're just tuples of integers,
implemented as such because they are so extremely common in the
system).  I want the objects to actually *be* OID objects on the client end.

That is, what I'm looking for is a way to tell jelly "when you see an
object like this, linearise it like this, and reconstitute it like
this", rather than creating a different type Y and using that in place
of the object on the client side.

Yes, probably should have asked before reimplementing jelly, but I was
wanting to get a spike test done that evening.

Thanks all,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder