[Twisted-Python] twisted performance

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Sun Dec 11 17:04:30 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:15:43PM -0500, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> One way to discover if the OS-level poll() is the problem is to use
> oprofile; you should be able to use it to see how much time is spent in

Checking the system time with top may be enough, when poll is the
bottleneck the percentage of system time increases significantly. I
think with >5000 clients epoll is needed.

The memleak I guess is going to be an application bug (like forgetting
to remove an entry from a factory list when a client abruptly
disconnects or similar). FWIW I see no leaks with my usages, but OTOH I
use latest SVN/CVS of everything.