[Twisted-Python] gthreadless.py

Stefano Masini stefano at pragma2000.com
Mon Aug 29 11:25:16 MDT 2005

Hello twisted folks,

I reimplemented gthreadless.py, originally implemented by Chris Armstrong.
My implementation aims to be more robust and is currently used in a
large project, therefore it is already usable.

http://www.pragma2000.com/wiki/index.php?GThreadless

gthreadless is a twisted module that makes use of greenlets to
implement the very nice primitive blockOn(d), that suspends the
execution in the current stack frame while waiting for the deferred to
fire. This way you can use a synchronous blocking-style programming
model while still using twisted, all nicely integrated.

It's a great great thing. Give it a try.

cheers,
Stefano Masini