[Twisted-Python] FileSender stability.

Bill Bumgarner bbum at mac.com
Tue Aug 23 16:47:13 EDT 2005

I'm in need of moving data between various LineReceiver based
instances.   So far, this has proved to be as easy as sending a line
with the # of bytes of raw data to be sent, throwing the receiver
into raw mode, and receiving said bytes.

No problem.

Now I'm about to start sending files between LineReceiver
instances.   I could certainly do this by writing a bunch of code.
Well, not that much code (it seems that most of the challenge of
using Twisted is figuring out what code not to write!).

However, there is the wonderful class called "FileSender" that seems
to do 1/2 of exactly what I need to do;  send a file.  However, the
documentation for the class indicates that it will "at some point" do
what I want and that the API is stable.

So -- should I bother using the FileSender class or roll my own?

thanks,
b.bum

(BTW:  Twisted has to be one of the coolest pieces of software I have
worked with in a very, very long time.)