[Twisted-Python] What is wrong with this instance?

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Aug 11 06:39:53 EDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005, Michał Tyde wrote:
> Sorry I dont want to send too large posts, so I shorten the problem.

This is the right thing to do. But it's not all that you need to do,
unfortunately.

Your shorter problem did not have the error you claimed it had: in fact,
it did not run at all. It is very hard to guess what it is you want when
you give a piece of code that doesn't even give the error you are
complaining about. You need to provide:

 1. a short example of a piece of code that doesn't do what you want
 2. a description of what it actually does, ie what the error is
 3. a description of what it is you want it to do when it is fixed

You gave us 1 and 2, but the problem was that the code didn't actually
even do what you said it did at 2. That makes it even harder to guess
what it is that you want to happen at 3.

-Mary