[Twisted-Python] Newbie reactor.crash()/reactor.stop() question

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Sat Apr 30 12:01:22 EDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:16:19 -0400, T Barket <thomas_barket at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hello,

>i have read i cannot stop and restart a reactor (which is what i would like
>to do on the client side).

It sounds like you may have found a bug (I'll look into it) but...

If you want to use the reactor interactively, look into the various incarnations of Manhole.  Stopping the reactor and starting it again has lots of ugly side-effects which are hard to explain until you've had a lot of experience working with the reactor the "right" way.

(If you absolutely need it, of course, it should work, and we'll fix it - but it's extremely rare that people actually need it, and pretty common that people *think* they need it.)