[Twisted-Python] FTP / Common VFS Layer

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Fri Apr 22 10:11:33 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 01:47 +0000, Jp Calderone wrote:

>  I think a good direction to take with IFTPShell is to drop it
> entirely and use an entirely new and different interface.  If anyone
> complains about compatibility later (which no one will because ftp was
> too broken to use until the work you did on it, and the interface is
> too specific to have been usefully implemented differently anyway), we
> can always write an adapter from the new to the old.

The bug Stephan Richter and I opened this weekend while looking at FTP
does indeed specifically request the interface be changed, since it is
broken now. No point in any backwards compat at all in this case.

It explains most of the basic changes that need to be made:
http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue983