[Twisted-Python] FTP / Common VFS Layer

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Apr 21 21:23:44 EDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 02:41:01PM -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 16:44 +0000, Michael Kerrin wrote:
> >   I have seen the bug report http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue983 and it
> > mentions work that was done on a common VFS layer for Twisted. I am wondering
> > if this is available anywhere has I would be very interested in seeing it.
> Probably best to ignore the VFS bit for now and just concentrate on
> fixing FTP. When and if the VFS layer is ever finished, hooking it up
> should be easy.

FTP in SVN isn't too bad... it's not completely broken, at least ;)

And it now has a halfway-decent test suite, although more would really be a
good idea (as using the --coverage option of trial will show).  The code
isn't particularly elegant, but it's readable enough.

So, I don't think it's too early to start improving the IFTPShell stuff
(which I had been consciously ignoring until now).  The other work that
needs doing shouldn't tend to get in the way very much, because the basics
have been fixed.