[Twisted-Python] Twisted network games

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Mon Apr 18 19:46:37 EDT 2005

Well, I hate to be discouraging, but you would probably do well to learn
Python more thoroughly before diving into Twisted. I got into Twisted a
year and a half ago having programmed in Python already for 4 years, and
it was still somewhat intimidating.

Aside from that, I'm not sure you would really be sharing much code with
other developers unless someone out there wants to do exactly what
you're doing. A simple Google search reveals a number of mailing list
discussions about game-related topics like UDP, but they are probably
not relevant to your project. Because the whole thing sounds like it
wouldn't require a lot of real-time communication, I would just use
Perspective Broker. If you've ever used something like COM or other
object brokering systems, PB should be relatively simple aside from its
asynchronous nature.

I assume you're aware of the PyGame project which provides API's for
things like sprites and sounds: http://www.pygame.org/ -- I'm not sure
how many people have tried integrating PyGame with Twisted, but I did
find this post from 2003:
http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-December/006829.html

Hope this helps.

-Ken