[Twisted-Python] Foreign event loop friendly reactor

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Mon Apr 18 02:07:05 EDT 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2005, at 1:19 AM, glyph at divmod.com wrote:

>> Why not just change wxreactor.install() to use this new code, rather
>> than deprecating it?  That would leave the door open to new strategies
>> in case wx ever gets a non-broken eventloop.

> I look at it this way:

I don't disagree with any of your points, I'm just saying that we don't
need to deprecate an interface every time we change an implementation.
*some* event loops (e.g. gtk) are actually better than the normal
reactor one, so it still makes sense to choose on that basis in some
cases.  In the cases where the threadedselectreactor is
better-performing than the direct-GUI-integration approach, that should
be a decision that the Twisted core is aware of, but not necessarily one
that the application developer need be made aware of.