[Twisted-Python] wxpython issues

Darran Edmundson darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 13 23:08:03 EDT 2005

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> The problem has been that wx's timer promises "no worse
> than 1s" resolution. In practice, it's been utterly unable to
> hit less than 100ms on Windows, and 20ms on Linux is a
> sometimes-thing. The only real solution that works robustly
> is to run wx and twisted in separate threads. If there's a new
> version of wx, you should probably try running wxreactor with
> a LoopingCall set to 1ms, and see what timer it can hit
> reliably.

I wonder if anyone has a minimalist demo of wx and twisted
running in different threads?  (I ask only because I'm
under the proverbial gun to GUIify my twisted app.)

Darran Edmundson (darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au)
ANU Supercomputer Facility Vizlab
Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2600
tel: +61 2 6125-0517  fax: +61 2 6125-5088