[Twisted-Python] UDP asynchronous communication

Adrian Libotean adrian.libotean at asylum-studios.ro
Sun Apr 10 09:13:40 EDT 2005

Hello,

First of all I must let you know that I am new to Twisted.

I need to implement a server discovery mechanism for my application. The
way I chose to implement it is this:

	1. The client, when started, sends a broadcast message requesting
servers to make their presence known (UDP broadcast)
	2. The server responds to this request using the same port on the
sender's IP to reply (UDP normal message)
	3. ...

Now the problem I faced is that from the examples I found on the web
(http://twisted.sourceforge.net/TwistedDocs-1.1.0/howto/udp.html), for
multicast UDP messages, are done using listenUDP on both sides (server
and client) and this approach is not good for me because I need a
non-blocking communication mechanism on the client-side.