[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted-Python Digest, Vol 13, Issue 9

mikah at ceruleansoftware.com mikah at ceruleansoftware.com
Wed Apr 6 09:09:26 EDT 2005

> From: James Y Knight <foom at fuhm.net>
> On Apr 5, 2005, at 9:33 PM, Stephen Waterbury wrote:
> > Whoa.  If true, that sure doesn't come out in the docs.
> > The link that you reference here says:
> >
> > "There are many ways in which your code will be called by
> > various parts of the Twisted framework by the time you're
> > done. The initial one we're going to focus on here is a
> > plug-in for the mktap utility."
> >
> > So although it's almost never useful, let's focus on a
> > plug-in for the mktap utility.  That's cute.
>
> That intro sure is misleading! The rest of the document doesn't mention
> mktap or plug-ins at all and in fact does document the currently
> recommended best practices. Pretend that first paragraph didn't exist.

  This discussion caused me a lot of confusion. I dug around in
the archives and found a very _long_ thread ("In Defense of
TAPs") making some points to the opposite. When did tap files
go out of style? And what if I want to daemonize my application
anyway? How would I do so without mktap?

  Thanks!

mikah