[Twisted-Python] problems with trial and adbapi

donfu fu at donfu.com
Sun Sep 19 15:44:34 EDT 2004

Dear Twisters

I'm diving into the twisted matrix. Mostly really enjoying it, but
sometimes it's a tough ground :)

Now i'm trying to set up unittests with trial for a small twisted
datastore. the store itself works outside of trial, but strange things
happen when running the tests.

The first thing I had to learn, is to explicitly start the dbpool with
dbpool.start(). Now the tests work sometimes, but sometimes not. I
guess the problem has something to do with adbapi's usage of threads
and my using of 'deferredResult()' in the tests.

can someone help me here?

thanks,
donfu.