[Twisted-Python] Re: PyHeartbeat cookbook recipe

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Fri Sep 17 02:28:14 EDT 2004

> One comment though - it'd be better to use reactor.listenUDP and
> reactor.run() directly for simplicity's sake, the extra abstraction layers
> of services and application just make the example harder to understand.

I thought about that, and concluded that the recipe would come out longer
and less structured that way, and that it would be best to directly show
people the "right" way of setting up things.

Maybe it's just that I'm now so accustomed to think in terms of app and
services, that it's harder to go back to the old way.

> I don't want people to think Twisted is *too* abstract ;)

But indeed it is, isn't it? Hiding the truth is tough, sometimes. ;-)))

- --
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

"Laugh. But you too are going to sound like and old fart one day.
And the respect you show or don't show for those that came before you
is going to be what you instill in those that come after you."
 -- EvilTwinSkippy, Slashdot, June 2004

Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)