[Twisted-Python] Including code under PSF license for backwards compatibility?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Sun Sep 12 21:54:37 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 20:44 -0400, James Y Knight wrote:

> b) It is okay, as long as the modules are included for backwards
> compatibility only and can be removed as soon as the minimum required
> version moves up to 2.3 (or whatever the latest and greatest version we
> need modules from). Also the code under PSF must be segregated in a
> separate file.

> As you can probably tell, my initial inclination is (b).

I agree.  Consider that the pronouncement :).  Code included under non-
MIT licenses for any reason must have its license agreements preserved
in the files themselves.

For any MIT-licensed code from third parties, we should have an
aggregate copyright declarations file for each project included at the
top level.  (This way we don't have to copy and paste
licensing/copyright junk around when we refactor between files.)