[Twisted-Python] Recursive filescanning in Twisted??

Jeff Bowden jlb at houseofdistraction.com
Thu Sep 9 13:23:27 EDT 2004

On Linux, file descriptors for disk files are always "ready".  Since
twisted is based on select() or poll() I'm guessing you will end up
actually blocking on file reads.  I think you can get non-blocking file
reads using the new AIO stuff but it's not really a good match for a
single process server like twisted.

I don't know about BSD/OSX or Windows.

I would love to be wrong about this, BTW, so if anyone has better info
I'd like to here it.