[Twisted-Python] Recursive filescanning in Twisted??

Thomas Weholt thomas.weholt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:50:12 EDT 2004

Hi,

I want to run a web-server which displays information about files on
my filesystems. The info will be stored in either a mysql or sqlite
database. The number of files to be scanned can be many and huge in
size. I want to click on a link which goes to a specified
page/resource on the server which starts the filescanning, generates
checksums for the files processed ( sha/md5 ) and stores this info in
the database. The process cannot block the server, at least not the
filescanning itself. The database interactions is not that critical.
It would be nice to have some kind of indication available for users
to see that a filescan was in progress, perhaps even some kind of
progress indication.

Can anybody show me how to do a non-blocking filescan like I've
described in a Twisted-based web-application which generates
sha/md5-checkums in the process?

--
Mvh,
Thomas Weholt