[Twisted-Python] Re: Implementing a custom FTP server

Jason Stitt jason at pengale.com
Tue Sep 7 15:11:03 EDT 2004

On Sep 7, 2004, at 1:30 PM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 14:23, Jason Stitt wrote:
>
>> didn't work). I removed that. Now I'm still having some problems with
>> twistd not respecting the working directory and, thus, not being able
>> to find modules to import.
>
> This happens on all platforms when you run as root. It's a security
> feature. It will not be removed. So your best bet is to add the
> directory where your package is to PYTHONPATH, as with all Python
> programs.

That makes sense. I just figured out I was getting a little confused --
not all my import problems were local. One of the examples I downloaded
from the Twisted site (the SSH server, sshsimpleserver.py) tries to
import realm from twisted.conch, which does not have a realm module
(it's not in the API docs, either). Was this removed at some point,
perhaps?

Jason