[Twisted-Python] Perspective Broker and UDP, is it possible?

Joakim Bech d00jb at efd.lth.se
Wed Sep 1 05:09:21 EDT 2004

I'm doing my master thesis in computer science, and the topic
for the project is "Managment of network delays in computer games".
The software im going to use is Python with Twisted and Pygame.
Right now I'm trying to get to know how different parts of Twisted
interact with each other. And my first question is:

Is it possible to use Perspective Broker with UDP?
I've tried modifying the examples here
(http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/pb-usage),
with DatagramProtocol and so on, but I haven't got it to work.
I suspect that it is impossible due to that UDPs is connectionless,
but there's a lot of "magic" in Twisted, so I thought I'd better
ask the pros'.

Mvh // Joakim Bech
Mail: d00jb at efd.lth.se