[Twisted-Python] Twisted in Python STDLIB?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Thu Oct 14 14:28:12 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 13:28, Anthony Baxter wrote:

> This seems like a good thing to aim for, say, inclusion in 2.5. I don't
> think there's any chance of a significant amount of twisted being
> included in the stdlib - for instance, the Failure code absolutely
> wouldn't be accepted (it's way nasty).

We should have a conversation about that at some point - I don't
disagree that the code is nasty, but there are pieces of very core
Twisted code that depend upon it.  It only exists because Python's
native representation of tracebacks is way nastier. ;-)

Other than that, I completely agree with your post.  That, and I am
definitely NOT the person to ask to maintain the stdlib variant...