[Twisted-Python] LineReceiver Protocol

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Nov 21 23:45:58 EST 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:48:15 -0800, Michael Mata <michael.mata at gaigen.net> wrote:
>Michael Mata wrote:
>
> >   I tried placing the task in the factory's __init__ function, but it
> > doesn't seem to run.
>
> My mistake.  The task does run when placed in the factory's __init__
> function.

  Factory.startFactory() is a better place for it (and stopping the loop in Factory.stopFactory() is appropriate as well).

  __init__ is called when the Application is instantiated.  start* is called when the application is run.  stop* is called when the application is stopped.

  With a tac file, instantiation occurs at almost exactly when run does.  With other forms of application configuration, this may not be true.

  Jp