[Twisted-Python] need help figuring out weird pb/trial interaction

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 05:36:46 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:06:10 -0500, Jonathan Simms
<slyphon at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> teratorn pasted the following code for me one night and was complaining that
> there was no traceback in the error reporting of trial. I spent about an hour
> and a half stepping through this code with pdb, and afaict, this isn't a trial
> bug. However, I don't understand why this is happening.

Did you ever figure this out, slyphon? AIUI, it's happening because PB
isn't reconstructing a Failure that can sanely be .raiseException()ed
on the receiving side.

If I get a chance, I'll try to think about the problem more, but I
can't think of any possible "fix" for it now.

---------+            http://radix.twistedmatrix.com