[Twisted-Python] Reactors

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Nov 18 13:00:17 EST 2004

On Nov 18, 2004, at 7:17 PM, James Y Knight wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2004, at 3:58 AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> Very test-failness.  I haven't seen a situation where cfreactor
>> doesn't actually work in practice since it was changed to handle the
>> GIL correctly.
>
> There are two serious issues I know about:
> 1) See "survive a re-entrant call to .resumeProducing, which happens
> under the cf reactor". That should definitely not happen.
> Unfortunately, there is no test case testing this at the moment.

If someone files a bug with a stack trace, I'm sure this would be easy
to diagnose and fix.  I have seen no such thing, so I can't fix it.
It's probably resumeProducing calling doWrite calling resumeProducing,
or something.. but I'm not going to attempt a fix-by-guess.

> 2) Half-close support is unimplemented.

There's three solutions to that:
- Someone (other than me) can implement it.
- Someone (other than me) can refactor the default file descriptor
implementations so that cfreactor can be implemented cleaner and
correctly share all this half-closing code.  If this happens, I'll
refactor cfreactor accordingly.
- The half-close interface can be made optional.

-bob