[Twisted-Python] Reactors

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Nov 18 12:04:57 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 17:14 -0500, James Y Knight wrote:

> The reactors that we know are totally broken (As far as I know, the
> list is: IOCP, cf, wx) should be marked as such with warnings, and
> excluded from the release of twisted 2.0.

Based on what Bob is saying the CF reactor is in same state as Qt, where
it runs correctly but has issues with the tests, so I think we should
keep it (and of course as with Qt investigate ways of fixing this).

wx... dunno. It might work on some instances of wx backends. Or not. God
only knows.

IOCP: possibly this should be a separate project, so people can still
download it, since even in its current state it's probably better than
default win32 reactor in terms of scalability and will work correctly
for a simple TCP server. Any comments, Pavel?