[Twisted-Python] Reactors

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Nov 18 10:33:36 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:32:01 -0500, "Gary Coulbourne" <GCoulbourne at Immunicon.com> wrote:

> > the a standard reactor in a seperate thread. That situation is less
> than
> > satisfactory for us, so I may pick this up.
> >=20
> > Any other PyQt+Twisted users out there?
>
> Yes, very actively.  But, it seems to be working fine.  I'm using 1.3.0
> of Twisted, with the qtreactor, and have not seen any failures from it.
> What about it is broken?  (Or does this apply specifically to 2.0?)

  Have you tried the unit tests?  Run `trial --reactor qt -R twisted'.  I doubt anyone's done this in a long time, so I'm not sure what will happen, but the last time I saw it run, the results weren't pretty.  The tests which fail should give you some idea of what functionality doesn't work with Qt (or perhaps just which tests incorrectly depend on unspecified behavior from the default reactor which the Qt reactor does not provide).

  Jp