[Twisted-Python] Reactors

Eric Mangold teratorn at world-net.net
Thu Nov 18 05:57:42 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:14:31 +0000, Toby Dickenson
<tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday 18 November 2004 05:49, Jp Calderone wrote:
>
>>   You may want to add Qt to the list of broken reactors.  Quite some
>>   time ago, it had a place on the reactors buildslave.  Due to gross
>>   breakage and a complete absence of interest in fixing it, it was
>>   removed.
>>
>>   Since it is lacking a maintainer
>
> I wasnt aware of that.
>
> We are currently developing a PyQt application that uses Twisted, but
> using
> the a standard reactor in a seperate thread. That situation is less than
> satisfactory for us, so I may pick this up.
>
> Any other PyQt+Twisted users out there?

Yes, I've used it in the past.  I can see using it again considering
that pygtk is not (yet) a satisfactory replacement on all platforms.

I'm assuming qtreactor is non-trivial to fix.  In that case I currently
don't have the time nor motivation to do so.

-Eric