[Twisted-Python] Fwd: Porting Twisted to another language...

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Sat Nov 13 20:04:37 EST 2004

> I don't know if I'm sending this to the right place, but I hope that if I
> didn't, you may be able to forward it along to it's proper destination.
>
> I am a programmer that uses the Ruby programming language as my preferred base.
>
> Unfortunately, there really isn't any kind of library of objects similar to
> Twisted available for Ruby.
>
> Due to the similarities between Ruby & Python, I don't believe that porting the
> entire collective over to Ruby would be an extreme challenge.

Do you mean Perspective Broker, or the networking base? In either case
there may very well be existing packages that do similar things
(http://mues.faeriemud.org/ sounds similar, for example).

If not, wouldn't it just be easier to use the existing Twisted codebase
written in Python, seeing as it's so close to Ruby? I get the impression
that for Ruby programmers using Python wouldn't be an extreme hardship.