[Twisted-Python] imap4client.py example problem

Robert Penz robert.penz at outertech.com
Wed Nov 10 08:10:47 EST 2004

Hi!

I'm just trying to play with the imap4client.py example. but I've following
problem: The mailbox name is "" and that seems to be a problem for twisted.
I looked 1h to find the exact place of the bug, but couldn't find it.

I hope now that someone on the list can point me on the line I need to
change in order to make it work.

I've used following code
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/examples/imap4client.py

here the output of the client. the first list is from

def cbMailboxList(result, proto):
   print result

and the second list from:

def cbPickMailbox(result, proto, mboxes):
   print mboxes

> python imap4client.py
No secure authentication available.  Login insecurely? (y/N) y
1.
Which mailbox? [1]
['']
2004/11/10 13:50 CET [SimpleIMAP4Client,client] Log opened.
2004/11/10 13:50 CET [SimpleIMAP4Client,client] Failure:
twisted.protocols.imap4.IMAP4Exception: Missing required argument to Examine

2004/11/10 13:50 CET [SimpleIMAP4Client,client] Stopping factory
<__main__.SimpleIMAP4ClientFactory instance at 0x405f8a0c>