[Twisted-Python] etag and last-modified

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 17:40:54 EST 2004

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:30:41 +0100, Jacob Friis <lists at debpro.webcom.dk> wrote:
> > Twisted can download multiple files simultaneously without using threads, and generally speaking, more efficiently than using threads.
>
> In which part of Twisted should I look for this feature, and do you know
> of example scripts?
>
> I'm a Python beginner :)

I already implemented ETag and NotModified for the aggregator I wrote
some time ago (which is in the python cookbook currently). Since I
also wanted to not download the same feed many times I implemented a
getPageCached() for twisted.web.client and submitted to twisted,
unfortunately it was not accepted both because twisted.web is
deprecated and because the patch provided an hard coded cache instead
of using an interface (which would have been absolutely better and not
that difficult, but since my patch wasn't going to be accepted I
didn't bother anyway).

Anyway you can find my patch for twisted.web.client here:
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/users/roundup.twistd/twisted/issue612

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now running FreeBSD 5.3-beta6