[Twisted-Python] Log in - state of the art?

Alexander May alex-news at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 13:59:47 EST 2004

I'm using twisted and nevow and would like to implement a log in system for
my site.  The view of the site will differ based on the credentials a user
supplies.  I would also (obviously) like to prevent any circumvention of the
log in via deep linking or any other means.

I vaguely remember a while back some discussion of cred/newcred, but I do
not know what classes and modules correspond to each system.  I also see a
nevow guard class that may be useful, or may be old, with a mysterious
comment:

Resource protection for Nevow. If you wish to use twisted.cred to protect
your
Nevow application, you are probably most interested in
L{SessionWrapper}.
"""

What modules and classes should I be looking at?  Are there any examples out
there?  Is the how-to on the website
(http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/cred) up to date?

Thanks,
Alex