[Twisted-Python] What does the LGPL mean in terms of python?

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Fri May 28 21:22:15 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 02:48:08PM -0400, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
| For these reasons, and also to facilitate contribution by those who have
| the right to release their own work as open source but NOT to consign
| copyright to it (such as students at and employees of MIT), we are going
| to be switching to an MIT-style (no pun intended) license soon.

This is great news.  I have the same issue here, I can now submit code
via any open source license, but the code I write belongs to the company
that pays the bills... and, for their contribution, they'd like to have
their name associated with the work.

Kind Regards,

Clark C. Evans                     Prometheus Research, LLC
Chief Technology Officer           Turning Data Into Knowledge
cce at prometheusresearch.com         www.prometheusresearch.com
(main) 203.777.2550                (cell) 203.444.0557