[Twisted-Python] Nevow and twisted.enterprise and deferreds

Donovan Preston dp at ulaluma.com
Tue May 25 11:12:04 EDT 2004

On May 25, 2004, at 2:19 AM, Alexander May wrote:

> I traced through the call stack and found this in renderer.py
>
> def _error(failure):
>     # FIXME: this should *definitely* do something better
>     # doing this leaves the connection hanging, but it's better
>     # than nothing.
>     print "FAILURE !",failure

Apparently you are using Nevow 0.1. You should either upgrade to the
recently-but-quietly released 0.2
(http://www.divmod.org/Home/Downloads.html) or just check out the SVN
HEAD (svn co svn://divmod.org/svn/Nevow/trunk Nevow)

The code you found is completely gone now, and is replaced with a much
easier to understand rendering inner loop, and proper error rendering
upon deferred errback.

The only reason 0.2 hasn't been announced is because I haven't had time
to write a release announcement, but I guess the cat is out of the bag
now.

dp