[Twisted-Python] Writing a Jabber client

darryl developer at csrules.dyndns.org
Mon May 24 19:07:06 EDT 2004

E.A.M. Huijbers wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm having trouble writing a Jabber client with Twisted. I came across
> a simple sample[0], and tried to build out from it, but for some
> reason it's barely working.
> When I run the application in the attached script, the logon goes
> fine, and I can receive messages sent to the account, but it never
> seems to receive subscription requests. When I ran it on an account
> that already had some items on the contact list, I did receive
> <presence> messages to indcate that a user changed status, but I don't
> receive <presence type="subscribe"> messages...

That sample code is mine. I never played with subscriptions really but
after trying it out right now it appears that it's not working :(

I don't know why yet, but i'll try and figure it out. We definately can
receive normal presence messages but don't seem to see subscription

Doesn't make sense at first blush.