[Twisted-Python] Service.stopService

Bill la Forge laforge49 at yahoo.co.in
Fri May 21 07:34:41 MDT 2004

I have a very simple application--I'm testing service start and stop.
Woops--stopService is never called. Why?

Here's my simpleService.py:

from twisted.application import service
class SimpleService(service.Service):
    def startService(self):
        service.Service.startService(self)
        print '***start'
    def stopService(self):
        service.Service.stopService(self)
        print '***stop'

And here's my twistd script:

from twisted.application import service
import simpleService
application = service.Application('testService', uid=1, gid=1)
serviceCollection=service.IServiceCollection(application)
w = simpleService.SimpleService()
s.setServiceParent(serviceCollection)

It logs ***start, just fine. But never ***stop!

Is something broken? Or should I be using addSystemEventTrigger???

Bill la Forge
http://www.geocities.com/laforge49/