[Twisted-Python] Invalid 'reason' info - possible cause

Sorin C. soso_pub at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 10:15:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

--- Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org>
wrote:
> That is expected behaviour. If you shut down
> reactor, it closes all
> connection by force, i.e. it is not a clean close.
Yes, I use reactor.stop() to shutdown the system (is
there a cleaner way?), but there still is an
inconsistency because the error type is ConnectError
and error description talks about ConnectionLost.

> The problem is you
> run reactor.stop() immediately before reactor.run(),
> so reactor shuts
> down immediately.
This was just a test sample to emulate the behavior;
in my application I started more services (one service
being connecting to another server) in system
initialization and if one service fails then I call
immediately reactor.stop().

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore since I am using a
workaround now.

Thanks for pointing on how to hook on unhandled
exceptions.

Sorin