[Twisted-Python] A problem with runUntilCurrent

Bill la Forge laforge49 at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 18 05:38:26 EDT 2004

I'm not much good at patch files--lacking the tools.

But take a look at the attached hack (crafted manually).
It works for me, with luck it should pass your regression tests.
(Its got the required 2 loops I was talking about.)

I'll note in passing that I'm only getting a measure of 7K with this code.
But that's probably as good as we can get without my patches.
Good enough, I suspect.

Bill

Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:
Bill la Forge wrote:
> Thanks to you and the rest of the Twisted development team who
> took the time to dig into my code and then make the changes to
> Twisted!

You're welcome :).

The reason that we did so is because your run-time patch requires
talking to the reactor over private interfaces. Normally this sort of
thing can be overlooked in Python, but there are actually multiple
implementations of the reactor, some of which may not work with those
changes. So a more efficient implementation of callLater(0,...) will
allow your code to be compatible with Twisted and not just happen to
work on the default reactor :).