[Twisted-Python] How do I run a twisted server directly

Donovan Preston dp at ulaluma.com
Fri May 14 23:59:33 EDT 2004

On May 14, 2004, at 10:02 PM, Alexander May wrote:

> I've use pythonwin for a while and I'm giving Komodo try right now.
> I'll
> try Python.NET soon too.

<snip>

> Which seems to work.  I can start my application from the debugger and
> hit
> breakpoints, etc.
>
> Presumably I've committed all sort of horrors writing this code.
> Please
> feel free to enlighten me to the error of my ways.  Also, I'm curious
> what
> is the function of the following line of code (marked with a *) is
> which I
> saw in twistw:

<snip>

Why are you assuming that you can't use twistd and komodo's debugger at
the same time? The last time I looked at Komodo for debugging (which
admittedly was at least two years ago) importing the debugging module
at any time installed the trace hook and queried Komodo for
breakpoints. Then, any time the trace hook wanted to break into the
debugger, it made a synchronous, blocking call over xmlrpc into the
Komodo process. The Komodo process would then delay 'returning' from
that xmlrpc call until you pressed step or continue in the ui.

You should just be able to import the komodo debugging shim module at
the top of your .tac file, start it using twistd, and debug just fine.

dp