[Twisted-Python] New components questions

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Fri May 7 22:17:24 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 20:22, James Y Knight wrote:
> On May 7, 2004, at 7:15 PM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> > I'd say "use zope.interface directly except for register() for
> > registering adapters, Componentized and Adapter which are in
> > t.p.components". And if I do what Chris suggested that will be alias
> > for
> > zope's registry if it's installed.
>
> That sounds good to me. And if such a time comes as we actually
> want/need the extra zope registry features, we can either backport it
> then, or else 2.2 will be obsolete and we'll have to backport it to
> 2.3. ;) But in any case, old code will be automatically compatible.

Why do we not want to provide this kind of aliasing for the whole
interfaces package in order to avoid packaging issues?  I still think
that importing twisted.zope.interface is less problematic than importing
zope directly.  (It may be desireable for us to rev components less
frequently than zope, for example.)

What exactly about the _xmlplus mess made it a nightmare and why?  I
have vague memories of horribleness but I gave up too early to be
seriously scarred.