[Twisted-Python] newjelly -- mature or forgotten?

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue May 4 08:10:54 EDT 2004

What's the status of newjelly?  Should we consider making it the real jelly
for the next major release?  It seems to have been forgotten about, although
it still passes the same tests that jelly does, and the pb and spread tests
also pass with newjelly, so I presume it's working fine... so why hasn't it
replaced the current jelly.py?

We have bug reports (and patches!) sitting in the issue tracker for jelly,
e.g. http://twistedmatrix.com/users/roundup.twistd/twisted/issue426.  That
one is, I think, fixed in newjelly, so I don't know if the better fix is to
apply the given patch, or to make newjelly the standard jelly.

Any thoughts?

-Andrew.