[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r10392 - Start http rewrite, don't look yet.

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Mar 24 19:02:23 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 03:52:02PM -0700, James Knight wrote:
> Author: foom
> Date: Wed Mar 24 15:52:02 2004
> New Revision: 10392
>
> Added:
>    trunk/sandbox/foom/
>    trunk/sandbox/foom/web/
>    trunk/sandbox/foom/web/http.py
>    trunk/sandbox/foom/web/http_headers.py
>    trunk/sandbox/foom/web/test_http.py
>    trunk/sandbox/foom/web/test_http_headers.py
> Log:
> Start http rewrite, don't look yet.

Now that we're using a version control system that actually copes with
branching (or so I'm told), why are we still using the sandbox for this
stuff?  Wouldn't branches be better for experimental rewrites like this?

I'm not Subversion expert, so I'm interested in hearing if there's any good
arguments for or against -- but I always assumed that the sandbox directory
was largely a hack we had because CVS sucked.

-Andrew.