[Twisted-Python] Using Twisted together with Windows Namespace Extensions

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Mar 1 14:15:52 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 12:33, Thorsten Henninger wrote:

> The challenge on writing something like this is, that once Windows asks
> my ActiveX component to open a folder, a file
> or any other object, Windows expects an immediate answer. But asking by
> twisted server just returns a deferred.

You probably want to run a thread (or more, depends what the APIs on the
windows side expect) that runs in parallel to the Twisted thread, and
blocks until Deferreds have results, and use it to handle  these
requests.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org
Looking for a job: http://itamarst.org/resume.html