[Twisted-Python] Re: Local IP and factory shutdown

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Jun 24 15:46:24 EDT 2004

"Gill, Mandeep" <mandeep.gill at imperial.ac.uk> writes:

> Thanks for the tip, I have tried such a method myself and it does seem
> to work with GUI focused apps. Unfortunately in my particular case the
> app has tight timing requirements due to multiple RTP instances each
> with a period of 30ms which wxTimer cannot meet.

I'd probably give a shot then at either including an IDLE event
handler to iterate the reactor as well (if you keep requesting it be
recalled, then it should iterate fairly close to constant time when no
GUI operations are occurring), or putting the wx loop in an
independent thread (as mentioned elsewhere).

The thread approach might work really well but will require that you
control the information flow - but expect a combination of wxPostEvent
for reactor->wx and callFromThread for wx->reactor paths should work.

-- David