[Twisted-Python] Get IP of connecting client in XMLRPC server

Remy C. Cool dev-python at smartology.nl
Fri Jun 11 09:34:56 EDT 2004

Hello,

On 18 May 2004, the following message was posted to this mailinglist:

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com wrote:

>Daniel Newton wrote:
>
> I have a simple XML-PRC server similar to the example below:
>
> from twisted.web import xmlrpc, server
>
> class Example(xmlrpc.XMLRPC):
>     """An example object to be published."""
>
>     def xmlrpc_add(self, a, b):
>         """Return sum of arguments."""
>         return a + b

       def xmlrpc_whatIsMyAddress(self):
           return self.transport.getPeer().host

> if __name__ == '__main__':
>     from twisted.internet import reactor
>     r = Example()
>     reactor.listenTCP(7080, server.Site(r))
>     reactor.run()
>
> I want to be able to get the address of the client that calls the
xmlrpc
> method can anyone help me with this?

This solution didn't work because 'transport' isn't a property of the
Example class.

I'm currently in the process of changing from a customized
SimpleXMLRPCServer to a twisted XMLRPC server solution and I need to
insert the client IP into the attributes passed to the called xmlrpc
method. Anyone who knows the answer and is willing to share the info?

Regards,
Remy