[Twisted-Python] Multicast Server and Client Question

Baillargeon, Sonny Sonny.Baillargeon at bmonb.com
Tue Jun 8 14:41:54 EDT 2004

I am new to twisted and python and most of experience is in ksh and
perl.  I am trying to write a multicast client and server application.
I am not sure if this is working since I can't find a way to write to a
multicast group.  This is what I have for the listener:

from twisted.internet.protocol import DatagramProtocol
from twisted.internet.udp import MulticastMixin
from twisted.internet import reactor

class EchoMulticast(DatagramProtocol):

        def datagramReceived(self, datagram, address):

def main():
        reactor.listenMulticast(7774, EchoMulticast(), "")

if __name__== '__main__':

Unfortunately, there is no connectMulticast class.  How would I write to
a Multicast group?  Would I do a join to a Multicast group and write UDP
packets?  The connectUDP does not allow me to write to a multicast
network and port.

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and are not endorsed by the author's employer.</FONT>