[Twisted-Python] "local" semantics soughtin twisted.protocols.smtp.sendmail

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Jul 27 20:02:37 EDT 2004

Sergio Trejo wrote:
> JP,
>
> Glad that I was able to help out. Any guess as to what the original
> author meant by "local"? By using \n to delimit new lines, isn't that
> essentially saying the same thing as the oringal author?

   The original author of the doc strings seems to have been either
Andrew Bennetts or Brian Warner.  Perhaps one of them can shed some
light on the reasoning behind the original phrasing.

   The wording indicated to me that the platform's native newline
convention should be used, e.g., \r\n on Windows, \r on MacOS (pre-X),
and \n on POSIX.  Twisted's SMTP code only expects and only handles
correctly \n.

   Jp