[Twisted-Python] Writing a plug-in for an online game that uses UDP

Ibrahim Mubarak ibmub80 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 14:01:36 EDT 2004

--- Jp Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
> Ibrahim Mubarak wrote:
> >             self.iiwuservice.logUser(user, pswd, host,
> port).addCallback(self.sendingOutput(self,
> > host, port))
>    The above line is a problem.  I believe you want it to read:

You are 100% right. I can't believe I made that mistake as I was reading the docs when writing
this, hehe. But now I have another problem. This time is with the callback function never being
Here is a small script that I worte and executed it with "...$ python deferredExample.py" :
////////CODE START\\\\\\\\
from twisted.enterprise import adbapi
dbpool = adbapi.ConnectionPool("MySQLdb", 'iiwu_database', 'login', 'password')
def getUserData(user):
    return dbpool.runQuery("SELECT name, pswd, ip, port FROM users WHERE name = ?", user)

def printResult(l):
    if l:
        print l[0][0]
        print "No such user"

def printError(failure):
    import sys
print "\nEND OF FILE\n"
I do see the "END OF FILE" printed, but that's it. Do you have any idea what is going on?

Do you Yahoo!?