[Twisted-Python] Collaborative Text Editor

Mike Warren spam at mike-warren.com
Wed Jul 14 17:24:29 EDT 2004

Ed Suominen <general at eepatents.com> writes:

> I'd appreciate pointers to any existing, simple Python-based text editors
> suitable for being adapted to this purpose. "Suitable" means under an
> OSI-approved license and written cleanly and modularly to facilitate
> incorporation into another project.

I seem to recall that there's an xemacs implementation of twisted's PB
stuff [checks; yes, it's true, but "partial"]; IMO, such a
text-editing thing will only be useful if one uses a "real" text
editor like emacs (or whatever your favourite "real" text-editor is,
but I'm reasonably sure [1] it's not IDLE or something Pythonic for
most programmers...)

Footnotes:
[1] of course, I say that sitting inside a GNUS inside a SCREEN
    instance inside RATPOISON, so I might not be "average"...

Good luck,

--
mike [at] mike [dash] warren [dot] com
<URL:http://www.mike-warren.com>